Please Note: This schedule was set up before Covid-19 Proclamations by Governor Reynolds. After much consideration the decision has been made to not offer swim lessons because effective lessons require close contact between instructors and participants, which is not feasible while social distancing. Efforts instead are being concentrated to safely offer public swim, lap swim, and aquacise within COVID-19 regulations.
- Swim Classes - Choosing the Right Level: Read through the course descriptions of the swim classes to determine which level your child should be placed in. If your child took Learn to Swim classes with us last year, we have their level status on file.
- Limited Enrollment: Class enrollment is strictly regulated in order to provide a low teacher-student ratio. Once a swim class is filled, no one else will be allowed to register for it, so indicate alternate choices when registering.
- Waiting Lists: Those wishing to be enrolled in a filled swim class may be placed on the waiting list at no cost. This does not guarantee a spot. If an opening occurs, the first person on the waiting list will be called.
- Dates & Times: In our LEARN TO SWIM PROGRAM, there are three 8-day sessions. PARENT-INFANT/TODDLER and PRESCHOOL CLASSES are offered as 4-day sessions. We offer both morning and evening lessons. Swim classes are 30 minutes in length. This is actual time in the water, so children should arrive 5-10 minutes prior to their class time.
- First Day of Classes: The first day of class will be for getting the children grouped according to ability into small classes. This will take some time, so parents need to understand and be patient.
- Attire: All participants must wear regulation swimming suits. Cut-offs are not allowed. Infants and toddlers must wear a swim diaper if not yet toilet trained.
- Observation Areas: There will be specific areas designated for parents to observe. Parents will be asked to please stay in these areas so as to avoid distraction and confusion during classes.
- Problems or Concerns: Any problems or concerns should be discussed with the pool manager. The manager will always be "on deck" to monitor and keep the lessons running smoothly. The manager can arrange for the parent to talk to an instructor, if necessary.
- Cancellations: Classes may be canceled due to low enrollment, mechanical breakdown or inclement weather. We will try to make up as many classes as the schedule allows. Weather cancellations will be announced on Facebook, Twitter and https://parks.decorahia.org. If in doubt, contact the pool at 382-2055 or the Park-Rec. Office at 382-4158.
- Early Departure from Class: If your child will be leaving before the session is over, please inform the manager or instructor so they can arrange for you to receive the skill sheet given on the last day.
- Other: There will not be basket service provided during lessons. Baskets will be available for use to put belongings in and carried out on deck. Participants will be responsible for their own belongings.