Decorah Parks and Recreation (DPR) continues to look at ways to protect the health of visitors and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. The following is a list of regulations created to help ensure the safety and well-being of campers and staff. Regulations will be updated as needed.
- Playgrounds and shelters are closed.
- Registration and payment over the phone is preferred, however the window of the registration booth will be open to handle firewood and ice sales transactions, and registration as needed.
- Some of the sites at the campground will be closed to help maintain safe distancing.
- It is asked that all campers and staff wear masks when consulting or conducting business with one another.
- Parks and trails are open in the Decorah Parks System; however, park patrons should keep a physical distance of at least six feet from other visitors and avoid areas where points of interest will likely congregate people. Using precautions set forth by the CDC is required; https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
- Decorah Parks and Recreation highly recommends practicing physical distancing so that parks and campgrounds remain open for recreational opportunities.
- Campers should assume personal responsibility and not allow visitors to their campsite or campfires. Campsites should only be shared by members of the same household.
- Thank you for your patience during this challenging time. Staff will monitor the situation daily and will make changes as needed.